General News  

  Planning News  

  Traffic & Transport Group News  

  Local History Group News  

  In Memory  

  Seat in memory  

  Photo Competition  

  Bridge Protection  

  Shop Appearance  

  Nesta Liston's gift  

  The Obelisk  

  Hydro Electric  

  High St Display  

  Spittal St Display  

  Postal Address  

Settings Go to Menu
The Marlow Society

 

These pages are regularly updated, please select here to view the latest version.

 

Nesta Liston's gift to Marlow

Nesta Liston
(click image to enlarge)
 

Nesta Liston's gift to Marlow

In response to requests from the Marlow Society and the Marlow Town Council, Red Kite agreed that the picture of Nesta Liston, which has been in New Court House since its gift to the town, should be installed in Liston Hall. New Court, a house that was gifted to the town, transferred to the Wycombe District Council and then sold by the WDC to Red Kite has now been sold to Lennox Estates. This company was kind enough to allow us to open New Court for Heritage Open Day in September 2017.

 

The inscription underneath the portrait reads: " Mrs Nesta Forbes Liston, 1890-1970 of New Court Marlow, Chairman of the Marlow Urban District Council in 1936, A devoted Benefactress who gave the Liston Hall and this house, her home, to the Town ".

 

We welcome the retention of the portrait as a reminder of Nesta Liston's generosity.

 

 

To contact The Marlow Society:

Email: tmssecretary@marlowsociety.org.uk

Post: The Marlow Society, 22 Rookery Court, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7 3HR.

 

 

 

 

Copyright© The Marlow Society 2009-2017 - all rights reservedGo to Menu